Fire guts Tejuosho market, destroys goods worth millions

Properties worth millions of naira have been destroyed after a devastating fire ravaged Tejuosho Market in the Yaba area of Lagos State

Fortunately, no lives were lost, and no injuries were reported in the incident.

The blaze erupted around 12:30 pm in the market, which comprises both shops and residential buildings along the Tejuosho Canal.

The fire is believed to have started in one of the rooms where a resident had left food unattended on a gas cooker.

Permanent Secretary of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr. Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, LASEMA, and Director of Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, Margaret Adeseye, confirmed that the fire was eventually brought under control, and rescue operations were ongoing.

Written by:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *